Thursday 20 December 2007

Just remember - you asked for it.




I may have mentioned once or twice in fleeting passing that I enjoy painting. Well, someone who shall remain nameless has basically told me to put up or shut up! So here are few pieces lurking around the house.

This is a bin.




An 'umble Ikea bin such as what knows its place and doffs its cap or tugs a forelock as required. It has lurked around our house since Princess Curly-Wurly was just a small wee thing; been painted a variety of colours with a handful of texture thrown in at various points. Until one day I said 'NO! No more my little wooden Marhbarkelhurgen!' All very friendly like you understand.





This is one of my favourite styles of folk art painting. It is based on the fruit of Peter Ompir, a world-reknowned American painter. I love the simplicity and brilliance of colour in his work. O.K. this is probably too much geekiness for you all but really are those little men not just fabulous? (aah go on, follow the link.)



This is a decoration I painted over ten tears ago and its seasonal home is on the mirror in the hall.



I like his cheery face.


This was just about the first lot of serious shading I did. Yes serious, there was no fun to be had doing all of that bloody floating of colour let me tell you! Plus for some reason my bells all seem to be sporting Zapata stylee moustaches!





So instead of 'Jingle Bells' mine probably play the 'Mexican Hat Dance'!


Unlike so many who have sufficiently interesting lives to lead that the computer will be all dark and sad over Christmas I will be here. Probably. Unless C.K. catches me and hides the computer at the bottom of a dark well. Or me. If you don't hear from me for sometime please send blankets.




And food.
















And the police!



Wishing all y'all a fabulous festive season
and looking forward to a
delightful 2008 in the blogoverse!

5 comments:

  1. Holy Moley - you're good! That has to be the bestest bin I've ever seen. No more hiding your talent under your blogging bushel for you ... we want to see it all!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine - I look forward to reading much more of you in 2008.

    Take care :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! You are very talented, you must keep painting :D
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent painting there missus - but you are still quite mad and I can't think of a funny enough comment to leave to match the hilarity of your recent comments on my blog, Doctor! Have a super-duper Christmas and good luck at the bottom of the well - hope it's not too smelly! Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are indeed a truly fabulous artist. I followed the link and your fruits are in a very similar stylee.

    But you don't like the moustachioed bells? I think the plate is stunning.

    I hope you have a super smashing Christmas .... but go on, treat CK ... don't press the "on" switch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooh! and indeed AHHHHHHHH! you're a RELLY GOOD painter! ok, i'm seriously jealous now! :) (ps: i love all of the examples...but the bells...they are my favorite!!!)

    ReplyDelete