..... The Caked Crusader, saviour of bakers and those interested in cake, has tagged me for a random facts meme. I haven't done one for a while so here goes.
It is a six facts meme. They have to be random. I hope they are a little interesting. And I am supposed to six more people. I shall hunt down some new faces and tag them I think.
I think I shall make this one themed. Hmmmm .... TGTH starts tomorrow so how about a travel theme? OK, here goes......
1. I hate the white noise that comes with riding in a plane 30,000 feet above the earth's surface. It is like sitting next to a photocopier. (My tame physicist suggests that in fact it may actually be 'pink noise' as it is not completely balanced across the spectrum ;-)
2. I have travelled on a bus from Brisbane all the way to my home town of Ballarat in a 24 hour period. It was a fabulous trip, I sat on the step next to the driver and watched a lightning storm as only happens in Queensland.
3. I have done two Great Victorian Bike Rides (I think that fella heading toward the rails is cheating somewhat). For those not living in Victoria this does not mean everyone rides around on penny farthings while wearing period costumes. It is a seven day extravaganza of bike-riding, touring, camping and hilarity. Even now - 20 years- later I had my kids in stitches last night regaling them with a song from the first trip?
4. I try and buy a cake tin or some other baking equipment/bling from wherever I go. Perhaps this would explain why I have over the 170 biscuit cutters? (no that number isn't a typo -rooly tooly 170+)
5. I get car-sick if I travel in the back of a car or on wind-y roads. This has always made trips down the Great Ocean Road a bit of a bugger.
6. Having run out of randoms points I threw the question out to CK and he said 'don't eat the peanuts on planes!'
Apparently before his first trip to Australia I sent him a letter that included a warning against eating the peanuts on the plane. Apparently he was terrified of them the whole trip over!
If anyone has any idea why I would say that please do contact me because I am completely clueless!