I read 'Mama's Losing It' . Kat is funny and just a little sharp at times, both of these appeal to me immensely. Mama Kat also sets homework for interested bloggers. I am often interested but am essentially too lazy to contemplate actually working for my blogposts, yesterday I felt differently. So here is my innaugural piece of homework a la MamaKat.
These are the writing prompts this week.
1.) Tell us about a lie you told that you later regretted. Well that one is no good because I don't think I regret any of the lies I have been forced to tell for other people's good, to whit 'of course that looks fabulous on you.'
2.) Choose a task you'd like someone to complete and write a poem asking them to do it. Poetry? There isn't any word to rhyme with 'Turn 'em purple, the nuns who taught me.' is there?
3.) Describe a talent you have. Aaack! Speak about myself? I am a blogger, we are inherently non self-promoting ;-)
4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week. I guess by default it is this one!
1. Why is Mr. Headteacher so permanently perky? It drives me crazy. Even when I know he is under-impressed with something there is still a cheery, uplifting, benign smile on his face. Why? Why does he do this?
2. Walking up steep hills in wellies many times is v. painful but it is better than trying to do it in shoes with insufficient grip. This way leads to sore ribs, painful shoulders and bruised calves.
3. Children sounding more baby-ish than their age drives me crazy. My own children as much as other people's.
4. Trying to remember what to do with a puppy, it has been 11 years since we had one!
5. Is it feasible to get a housekeeper so that someone else gets to hunt dinner in the larder EVERY night?
6. Why do 'some' grown-ups think they don't have to apply the same standards as are expected of their children (this one is close to home)?
7. All the old digital pictures we have 'found' this week.
8. Trying to figure out the rationalisation behind our school being open on Friday when EVERY single other school in a five mile radius was closed.
9. Wondering if it is bad that, while I unreservedly love my birthday present from CK and the terences, I am still without an electric set of beaters!
10. Being so pleased that my old man boy dog is nearly 95% back to normal - YAY!
So as I sit here right now with the woodburner roaring away and the tealights making their glassholders shine all jewel-bright these are the things that are on my mind.