1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
No especial favourites but I have a great fondness for soft, soft yarns be they cotton, fibre, arcylic or other.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Currently they are all in a library bag as I am in the middle of sorting them. I am boycotting my local library!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I guess I am 'intermediate' with pretensions to advanced but quite honestly I am too lazy and HOORAY for stocking stitch socks!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
clean scents but sweet too. Hmmm, apple, fresh laundry, plumeria....
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin but stitch, sew, paint and shout at children. I figure there is no point paying someone else to have all the fun ;-)
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
traditional jazz, swing, M.O.R./easy listening, blues, ummm.... c&w, classical...... errr..... pretty much anything I guess. Oh except thrash metal ;-)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
love me some green
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Four people in the house and three dogs. chronologically two of the people are adults.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Ponchos? Not since the 1970s despite my daughter's best efforts to convince me.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
squares, scarves, hats, children's jumpers and socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
As above except for the scarves but I bought some new wool on the weekend so that will soon change!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use straights and don't mind what they are made from as long as there is no scraping sound when I am knitting.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope I have child slave labour ;-)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitted? About 18 months. I refuse to admit to the age of anything else!
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I love Christmas bestest.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
mmmmmm... not really.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I buy knitting magazines when I see one I like the look of but there are so many books and patterns in this house and online still to be used......
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am determined to actually complete a proper lace and/or cable pattern before the end of the year!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am. My feet are weirdly big for a girl. Not clown big you inderstand but big enough that I can rarely find shoes in 'normal' shops - 42/43/44 european depending on who makes the shoe!23. When is your birthday?
beginning of the year.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am Skippy on Ravelry.