Monday 26 April 2010

up, up and away with TAA. The friendly, friendly way.

Have just walked CK and smalls back to entrance to Terminal Three carpark for their trip back home to the real world. Had to take them at least that far or they would still be wandering arounnd the airport when I was safely landed in Melbourne. CK's sense of direction is notorious. TG now they are facing the right way Princess C-W will get them back to the car.

Does anyone know what happened to my sense of adventure? All I want to do is head back down the M3, drop the childer at school and then walk my dogs. I think the days where I loved heading off somewhere new and exciting may well be in my past. Good grief, I knew middle-age theoretically started when I turned 40 but to be so old within just a few months?????.

If you get a second send a thought to the gods of flight and 'old' mothers, I have yet to head through the security checks.

13 comments:

  1. Take care Trash and have fun! It will be fab once you get going!! Locket xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee you're off on the big adventure. See you when you get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trash, It might not be exciting for you , in the circumstances, but I am excited to catch up... Annie is devastated she might not see you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Jodie talking about "might not see you" of course I will see you . . . won't I??? Safe travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. If CK turns up here by accident I'll be sure to put the kettle on!

    I think you're a very brave girl to go all that way all on your own with just your knitting for company. I find it daunting enough catching the train to London!!

    It'll be worth it, as you'll get to spend some special time with your Mum.....not to mention seeing Mrs Ric Rac AND Annie :o)

    xxx

    p.s. it's very empty here without you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with Mrs Moog, don't think i could do that journey on my own - i'm such a wimp! Am wishing you a safe journey and hope its not too stressful! But, being selfish, am looking forward to having you back!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to here someone else remembers flying with TAA, remember the little badges they gave out to kids?
    Safe travelling Trashy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the flight is going well......any chance of catching up whilst you are here???

    ReplyDelete
  9. humph...it'll all be worth it when you get here! ..... won't it????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah T.A.A. I remember them. And that song. I sometimes sing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a wonderful time here in Oz - welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Landings, Ms Trash.

    (wv is evillys - I feel that this is v.significant)

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, i think the circs are everything, and this was never gonna be a hilarious happy-go-lucky scenario. i suspect that once you settled in the airplane with some knitting and a cuppa things started looking a bit better tho, eh?! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete