Monday 9 April 2012

What I saw this weekend.

Three ducks take off from a field, all in perfect 'three ducks on the wall' formation.
The stunningly patterned underside of the wing of a bird of prey.
Cousins I haven't seen in 34 years.
Cousins I have never met.
A fraction of the M4, 3/4 of the M5 and the top half of the M6.
The coastal road down through North Wales.
Bangor.
Slate mines.
Welsh lambs in Welsh fields in Spring.
The dead body of a loved one.
The inside of a small Catholic rural Irish church.
The sadness in my aunt's eyes.
The gleam of her unshed tears.
The scratches and grazes down the side of CK's car from the incident with the bollard at the mortuary.
My breakfast again. Justification for always packing too much when I go away.
How genetics will always out and the similarities that exist between my boy and my cousin's son.
Castle ruins in several different countries. 




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a big weekend Trash. And a sad one. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, saw cousins near and far recently... but our visits were not too sad. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete