Tuesday 16 October 2007

Huzzah for Autumn!


I have been lurking throughout the blogworld today and, by clicking on a link from a link from a website I have never read before, I have come across this gorgeous sounding recipe -
Pumpkin Muffins


1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tlbs Canola oil
2 tlbs buttermilk
1 egg plus 2 egg whites
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted


Preheat oven to 400 degrees


1. Combine sugars, oil, buttermilk, egg, egg whites, pumpkin and vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Fold in pecans.


Bake in prepared muffin tins for 15-18 minutes.



Check out 'A Happy Miscellany' - she takes fabulous photos.



I am continually delighted by the skill and artistry of the people who post in the 'Gentle Arts' blogoverse I inhabit. And by surfing randomly I have so many happy accidents.


I shall look forward to making these muffins over the weekend and will put up pictures if I can get a shot before the 'Terences' in my house eat them all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trashalou, did you see Jamie Oliver did a similar recipe this evening? The idea sounds great. How many sleeps now?? Lucy x

    P.S. 5 letters today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Show off about the fact that you can make muffins, why don't you?!

    And I bet yours'll look like proper ones too .... unlike SOME people's!

    Happy Baking :)

    ReplyDelete