1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa?
Hot. But not too hot that I scald my mouth so ideally I should invent a clever mug/cup that will ding when the hot chocolate is at perfect drinking temperature!
Prepared with milk? Water? Home made recipe or store bought? Tea cup or big mug?
Not too big a mug! I have recently been having pretensions about finally being a grown-up and wondering whether all the beautiful cups and saucers I see might actually be for me!
We tend to use store-bought because when we (and by this I mean me while they all watch!)make it at home with melted chocolate or thin ganache it never seems quite right. Perhaps I need an actual recipe?
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Marshmallows all the way. If the ones in the cupboard are too big we just use scissors!
1. What is your favorite type of yarn?
The pretty ones!
(I am an equal opportunities stasher - I like acrylic, wool or cotton in nice smooth or fluffy novelty finish!)
In what colors?
(Seriously? Warm colours.)
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I tried to teach myself to crochet last night. The first time in over 25 years. I put it down after an abortive and frustrating five minutes. So just knitting it is for another 25 years then!
3. What are your favorite type of needles?
Never thought of having favourite needles! Umm, can I say what is not a favourite? Those little spindly plastic ones that you just have to breathe on and they bend.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
Well, can I have clarification of notions? Got lots of beads, threads and buttons but always love me some more!
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Bags, containers, tins and other types of things such as may be useful in sorting/storing stash (hey did you notice the anagram?)
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)?
I am all about the mouse pattern from 'Knitted Toys by Zoe Mellor'. I have done several of these for friends' childers. Great stashbuster and fun too but quick!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Other than sleep? Walking with my dogs on a crisp bright day or night! NOT in the driving, freezing rain like last night! Too cold, wet and windy!
2. What is your favorite animal?
Domestic or wild? Ummm..... dogs, cats, tigers, lorikeets (for the colour). Cats fascinate me.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
A brisk walk. A trashy book. A fabulous fire. Baking. A board game with my kids. Knitting something new. Writing letters.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
That we are one season closer to me going home for Christmas!
6. What are your favorite treats?
Beautiful stationery. Jolly Ranchers (or other fruit flavoured hard sweets). A beautiful piece of fabric (not that I do anything with it!) or some ribbon I may have fallen in love with. Simple things make me happy (yes I am stopping myself from saying - Reader, I married him!)
7. What is your favorite board game?
This Christmas we have been playing 'Junior Monopoly, Junior Cluedo and The Great Goanna Hunt'. CK says I have an unfair advantage as the latter is about the geography of Australia!!!!
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
Two of each. Princess Curly-Wurly is just nine and Babyman is six. HTW/dog is 13 and The BlackHound is 10!
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I have a partiality to diamonds and emeralds - does this count?
For all who find this really boring and only looked here thinking there may be more pictures of decidedly all too-tempting looking cake - Mea Culpa. But I want you to stop, take time to listen to that sound you can hear at the edge of your ear. Can you hear it whispering? Is it getting louder? And what is that we can hear it saying? Oh yes.... Tough! Because it really is all about me!!!!!'