Sunday 12 October 2008

The magic of imagination

Have you ever met my friend Missus



She is an incredibly talented sew-er with a love of books and a tendency to hang out with some very cheeky boys and girls.


Some many months ago Missus Ric-Rac mentioned her abiding passion for seldvedge. This timed perfectly with my deciding to do a Fortnums quilt (why no, it ISN'T done yet!!)



(The dotty bit down the side with writing on it is selvedge)

So I cut all the selvedges of anything that wasn't standing still and sent them off to Jodie. My kids threatened to call Childline when I started colouring little dots down their legs at mealtimes.


I bought more fabric for the Fortnums quilt and hived off the selvedges, folded them neatly and put them soenwhere reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllly safe and I have promised Jodie that when I find them I shall send them to her for the next big project ;-)


In the intervening weeks between the first care package and losing putting away the second Jodie has created what is undoubtedly a work of art, a creation of some magnifigence and unbelieveable beauty and imagination.

Move over YSL, I present the VS&L* selvedge New Look.







(*Ballarat joke - is still in operation??)

5 comments:

  1. Jodie is just amazing isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie's dress is art, not just 'sewing'. It is absolutely beautiful. I should maybe snip off my selvedges? Will there be blood?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful it makes me want to cry...in a good way :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lot are making me all embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete