Some of you may be aware an internationally recognised and attended 'Trash & Treasure Meet' took place while I was back in Australia. What some of you Johnny Foreigners (Why yes! That would be anyone not from or not living in Australia! It is Australia Day today so suck it up and let's move on ;-) may not realise is that a 'Trash & Treasure Meet' is what is known in the UK as a 'Car Boot Sale' and I believe in the US as a 'Swap Meet'. Sadly neither of these would have worked as cleverly as the pun Jodie fashioned so it is fortuitous I was headed back home for Christmas!
The first collage shows what happens when you put a crafting of bloggers into a delightful shop frontage - much chatting, laughter and purchasing (but obviously not from me as I was mid-car windscree/running away from home saga!) .
2. Lovely wee quilt and chatty bloggy heads and bodies.
3. A little of the loveliness available at Ballarat Patchwork.
4. The other side of the loveliness at Ballarat Patchwork (plus bloggy body).
And once the car was all fixed by the nice man I made my way back to the second stage of the Trash and Treasure Meet in the hot Australian sun.
1. Missus FlowerGarden with that naughty little Lucy Locket.
2. Ricrac coming toward me brandishing said naughty Locket.
3. View of a collective bloggers' picnic.
4. Locket being the recipient of bloggy love.
5. RicRac lightly tossing the salad prior to my pedicure ;-)
6. That naughty Locket girl sitting quietly and giggling at all the grown-up chat going on around her!
And after Stage Three of the meet-up at Jodie's house (with the beautifully washed floors and a quiet nana nap for those in need) we ventured up to the delights of Annie's Flowergarden for Stage Four. But do you know? That naughty Locket child pushed her way to the front AGAIN! So much for only being 'seen and not heard'. That child needed to learn a lesson about grown-up time and start to make herself 'not seen and not heard'! She only had herself to blame when things started to turn a bit lairy!
1. we tried to put her in her place but Locket just fell over and scared the chickens!
2. So then we fed her and hoped that would send her off to sleep - it was getting late by this point and well past her bedtime, even in the Summer holidays.
3. It all got a bit much when the real grown-up talk began. Ricrac had to block up Locket's ears to preserve her innocence!
4. So we snuggled her up with a mutant Magoo to try and get her to settle. It didn't work.
5. The last ditch effort involved sending her out to the garden to run off some of that energy but she simply chatted with Bob & Fred. It was a one-sided conversation.
6. So in the end Jodie strapped her in and took her home!