Saturday 2 May 2009

Any time before 0600 is too early!

I have been up now for nearly an hour and there is no one to blame but myself. For it was I who several years ago suggested to CK that 10 was old enough to be responsible for your own dog.



It was I who gave up half my birthday day out to take said 10 y.o. to visit a litter of puppies.



And it is I who is cursed blessed with mother hearing and wakes at the little yips and squeaking noises that accompany an urgent need to be outside at 5a.m.



Of course it is also I who is particularly glad that the housetraining lesson thing seems to be clicking in to place.


Sadly now though I shall never know the conclusion to the dream I was having. After listening to Mr. Locket try to explain the maths behind making the dolls' clothes over the phone I passed him across to CK so that they could quote geometry, trigonometry and general scientific principles at one another. Perhaps I should thank that puppy!?!?!?

13 comments:

  1. Argh, that is the worst time to be woken - too early to be rested, too late to get back to sleep.

    The dawn chorus did it for me this morning. To think I feed the little blighters and this is how they repay me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just managed to drag my weary bones out of bed, but was awake at the crack of dawn listening to the barking of the dog next door, and the damn chickens that think it's hilarious to sit in the tree making chicken noises (not my chickens - next door's chickens...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sleep???you get sleep at your plae??? I'm comin' over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dogs ... they are terrors but I still love them ... especially my number one all time greatest dog Sybil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also up at this ungodly hour .... awaiting key in lock from party animal daughter.
    Your turn will come .
    Puppies are much more fun .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I feel quite guilty. The kids stayed at their dad's last night. I came to bed at midnight, and slept a solid 8 hours. I'm now reading blogs on the laptop whilst still in bed. :-D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely better to be awake with dreams like that! I wake at about 5.30 every morning... wish I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even 6am is TOO EARLY! I'm not a morning person, can you tell??? I hope you got a little arvo nap in. How funny is Katy, fancy the chickens next door making chicken noises, how rude!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, if that's what your dreaming, I'd suggest getting up with said doggie every morning!!

    ps: tell the truth, CK is afraid of Americans, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now should I be worrying that you are dreaming about my husband?????

    Locket xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i agree , with dreams of a mathematical nature i would definitely get up!! at least it was a beautiful morning!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. anything before 0800 is early...and it is even EARLIER on the weekend!!!

    (surely you could ask ck or mr l. to essplain the relativity physics which make that the case. of course, if you did ask, there is the very real possibility that they WOULD explain. and nobody--except their fellow science-boffinny-types, bless 'em, wants THAT, do they? best just to have an extra cup of coffee in the early morning silence, eh??!) ♥

    ps: my word veri is "SNEDDLE"...i don't have a funny definition for that or anything, but it *is* fun to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fact of life: you can never be cross with a puppy. Ever. Relatives are a different story....

    ReplyDelete