Saturday 4 July 2009

My husband had the day off yesterday and all I got ....

... was a whizzy 'new' car!






It is so pretty :-)

In the space of 30 hours I have gone from a grown-up, restrained silver Audi estate with enough room for a bazillion kids, 500 car seats and three dogs to a surfie chick, bush-bashing, (occasionally) completely topless jeep-y kind of thing with just enough room in the boot for a picnic blanket and an esky (coolbox) filled with sparkly wine and strawberries.

And I love it.

This afternoon we took the front roof section off and while the kids and I went bombing around back lanes they decided my whizzy new car is in fact a limousine! I feel certain the suspension has different ideas.

After much discussion we came to the conclusion that the best way to find out the car's name was to ask it so may I present ....

"My name is ....

... and I am one hot tamale! "

18 comments:

  1. So so so fantastic - I would love to bomb around with you in that Maria ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Super-Whizzy! And a very snappy name she has too!

    Locket xxx

    P.S. My word verification today is "skuperbi" - your new car is certainly that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl - it looks like way too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great car and a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband will be too scared to take another day off!!! There is no part of Maria that says "family car"... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you've regressed car-wise, is that what you're saying? Maria is indeed a hot tamale, and how exciting to have a new car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo jelaous! When can I have a ride????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's RED so it has to go fast ........just like a fire engine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband had the day off and all I got was a complaint that tea wasn't ready when he wanted it.. Will point him in the direction of this blog later - if I dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm...very nice...will suggest day off to own husband...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh she's every bit as lovely and shiny and red as you said!

    You're going to look very at home on the school run with all the other 4x4s ;-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what cool car!n what a fantastic superb name! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If a car can be called sexy - then that is one SEXY car. Love it. Won't all eyes be on you as you drive around town.

    ReplyDelete